Monday, December 7, 2009

Table by Hal, our new Martha Stewart

Last night K&E came over for dinner to celebrate Elysse’s birthday. I was busy baking, so Hal helped with setting the table….WOW, we have our very own Martha Stewart!

We had a lovely five course dinner thanks to Bruce (Elysse’s dad for providing the crab and Sockeye salmon). Not only do we have a Martha Stewart in the family, we have a Julia Childs. Elysse provided our 1st course of crab bisque and our 2nd course of crab cakes and they were fabulous. Our 3rd course was field of greens with strawberries, spiced pecans, blue cheese crumbles w/ a light vinaigrette dressing. The 4th course was Sockeye salmon, T-bone steaks w/garlic mashed potato casserole and rosemary bread. For dessert and the 5th course we had peanut butter pie. Hungry??? We were Stuffed!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I just gained 10 pounds reading this! :) And now we know where to go when we need a beautiful table setting, ha! Sounds like a wonderful evening. Keith and Elysse are a delightful young couple and it was great to see them last Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, I love the new background! I *almost* want to start blogging just so I can play with the cute backgrounds, headers, fonts, etc.! (Yeah, I'm such a goober...)

    See you Saturday! (((HUGS!)))

    ReplyDelete