Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

I had another wonderful birthday this year.  The big 60!!!  I thought it was going to bother me but how could going out to dinner with friends, getting gifts and cards, getting phone calls from very dear friends, going skiing and getting some really really nice bling!
Friday night we met Liz, John and Susan at one of our favorite Italian restaurants.  What a great way to end a week and begin a week of vacation.
Saturday morning we headed to Winter Park, CO for a week in the mountains.  Oh how I look forward to this week each year.  Chris, Susan (of the North), Katie and Stella joined us Sunday for a day of skiing.  The girls are such good skiers.  You just point Stella down the mountain and off she goes. 
Stella is full of confidence. 
Grandma, Katie (missing a couple of front teeth) and Stella after a big day of skiing.
I didn't take any picture of my actual birthday evening celebration.  However, we went to one of our favorite German restaurants in WP.  The evening brought back so many fond memories when George was with us.  He loved that restaurant!  I didn't get any pictures of the bling Hal gave me but he out did himself giving me some beautiful big diamond earrings....thank you babe!
The next day was Valentines day and the guys are getting into a wonderful routine of surprising Susan and me.  This year they were very creative and made dinner reservations at Sun Spot which is at the top of one of the mountains.  It was a beautiful ride up in the gondola to be warmly greeted with roses and served a five course dinner.  What a lovely romantic evening!



Susan took a day off from skiing because of her knee.  Smart lady!  Here the three of us are ready to go.  Not Hal's best photo but John and I look good.
The Sharp Shooter professional photographer got a good picture of Hal coming right at him.  Looking good babe.
Hal worked out a deal on the pictures, so we got a two-fer.
Another week in the mountains skiing, relaxing and hanging out with friends.  I loved every moment!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Grandma... you look great and wish we were there to celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete