Sunday, January 19, 2014

Korea - Our First HASH

I'm not sure how the HASH group was created but I did learn they are all over the world.  You must be invited to join but that's about the only restriction.  From what I can tell, it's a group of people, all ages, that get together and walk/run and then eat and drink beer.  My kind of group!  GP and I had a blast!  Since the HASH meet was right after church we dressed in our HASH clothes for church.  Below is a group picture of Blake and Camille's church family.  We had the joy of going twice and met some of the nicest people.
 This is the most unusual vegetation I have ever seen.  Those are gourds hanging down from a wire structure that makes a very nice covered pathway.
 Pierce's teacher, Mr. Milford, was on the HASH.  Camille got some one on one time with him before school stated the next day.  Sure is a gentle man that commands respect.  He is perfect for Pierce.

 After you follow the clues that takes you on about a 5K walk/run you end up back at the starting point for the meeting.
 Since we were newbies we were "inducted" and had to drink the beer as quickly as you could.
 I seemed to have lost my talent of chugging beer.  It took me longer than I anticipated.
 All Done!  Or what you can't drink you toss backward over you head.
 Asher received his 10 HASH card.  Camille and Pierce had received theirs earlier.
 Daddy got to drink the beer.  There are advantages to being the parent.
 Meeting to discuss who has meal duty next time, where the next one will take place, etc.
I think I took a nap when we got back to the condo.  Another fun filled day.

No comments:

Post a Comment