Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My First Race Day

I have wanted to run in a race forever.  I'm not a runner but it's been on my Bucket List.  I can now say "Been There...Done That" and it was outstanding!  Biff Niven coordinated with World Vision to visit our church several months ago.  Our church had just read Hole In Our Gospel so we were familar wtih the leadership of World Vision.  It was an early race, 7:15 am.  We were to be downtown by 6:15.  The morning was beautiful and the energy high.  I was beside myself with anticipation the night before and morning.  Hal is absolutely wonderful!  He goes along with all my OMGoodness, What If, What Now, blah blah, blah

I came in 5th and Hal came in 2nd in our age group.  It helps to be old.  I am very thankful for all my friends and family who listened to me for months talk about this race.  You have no idea how much you really supported me.
I went on line today to find our next race.  Hal will be thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment