Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sweeny Family Reunion

We have talked about the Sweeny's (my dad's side of the family) getting together for many years now, and I'm so happy that Tamra took the initiate to make it happen.  Linda and Craig, Gary and me, Karen and Jimmy and Loretta spent many weekends together at our grandparents and loved every moment.  It gave me my foundation of what I want for our grand kids.  Pure unconditional love.  We (all the grand kids) would spend the weekend w/grandma and grandpa.  I wished I could ask them today if they had as much fun on those weekends as we did. 
Tamra had our weekend planed for us which was absolutely wonderful.  It seemed we all needed the time together. 
Most of us congregate at the Oakdale Park in Glen Rose. Hal was thrilled with his home away from home for the weekend.
 Friday night we dinned at this wonderful outdoor restaurant, Hollywood & Vine.  The evening was beautiful.  I had not met many of my family members but once I did, I fell in love with each of them. 
Rachel, Matthew, James and Jim. 
Abigail is just filled with joy.  Rachel home schools the kids and it shows.  I only wished I had the patience.
 Shelby is the oldest.  Karen would be so proud of her family.  We missed her presence.
 I just love Jim (or Jimmy as we called him). 
The first evening we played cards and just caught up revisiting our times of growing up.
Saturday morning we went to Dinosaur World.  Hal and I thought of Pierce the entire time...you will see why.
 My Sis...We talk almost every day on our way home from work.
 They let the kids dig for fossils... 
The rest of the pictures are mostly for Pierce.  He used to be into dinosaurs....now it's army.  But we were thinking of you the entire time.....love you Pierce.













Gary and I were closest in age and I have to say....I love this man. He has the most gentle spirit.
Hal, Jim, Gary and Craig.
Gina, me and Sam.  Gina and Gary just lost their beautiful home in the Bastrop fires.  I'm totally amazed how calm they were. 
 Dad could not join us, but sent a "simple" quiz and puzzle for us to work on.  Some of us took it to heart more than others.  We missed you dad.


1 comment:

  1. wow what a great trip and fun times with family... thanks for the all the photos and Pierce will love these pics of the dinosaurs when he gets home from school... you guys are sweet to think of him... we love you and miss you...

    ReplyDelete