Saturday, December 8, 2012

Beaujolais 2012

I don't know how Liz pulls this event off but I'm sure glad she does as it's a wonderful way to get started thinking about the holidays.  As I have mentioned before, Liz and George hosted a Beaujolais party for more than 20+ years and Liz has kept this tradition going.  When you walk into the house, it's filled with joy as we are filled with excitement and anticipation.  Liz always out does herself with the table, food and gifts. 
This years wine wasn't that bad.  There have been years when we tasted and spit it out quickly. Sometimes when we circle together for a prayer of thanksgiving we each have an opportunity to give thanks, to mention those remembered, watch a thoughtful video, etc.  This year we each received strips of paper that had a little history about Beaujolais.  Always something new and different.

Rod and Mollie came in for the evening.  Yes, just the evening!  We made a quick drive by Keith and Elysse's to drop off our nephew Sam who was in town interviewing for his residency.  Sam and Keith were going to spend the evening babysitting and watching sports.
 See what I mean about the table? 
 So fun to have Rod and Mollie with us.  I miss them so....
 Su Anne seldom lets you take her picture but this one was too cute.  Shows the joy.

This year's gift was a sweet dome ornament plus a pine tree.  I hope I can keep the tree alive.  It's so pretty and green.
Thank you Liz for another wonderful evening spent with friends.  I so look forward to this occasion.
Oh and did I mention we took this table theme and used it for the Women's Holiday dinner.  You will see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment