Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Switzerland / France Day 12

Today was our tour of the wine country and villages.  Quite interesting as there are many villages that have been abandoned yet still well kept.  Our first stop had a small market were Kathy found some treasures.  This picture has Jean Lux standing between Susan and Jerry.  What a nice man and took great care of us.
 A picture of our group in front of our bus.  It was funny to see the look on the locals when our bus would arrive in their village.
 This was our first wine stop.  The tastings in French are different than in the US as they don't cater to tastings like we do. 

 We took a picture of these bottles because of the word Tradition.  I'm sure not as good as the Tradition wine KW provides.
 This picture reminds me of one we took when we were in Spain with the vines going on the wall and us standing on the sidewalk.
 A view of one of the villages.  So picturesque.  Most of the residence were gone in this village.  You could tell it was a very up scale village and most likely summer homes.
My man!  One of the few times I got the camera.
 This is one of my very favorite pictures of us.
 And a very good one of John and Susan.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    I just love reading your blog! Thank you for sharing such good information! One quick question, why were you ready to leave Marseille? I was there this summer and absolutely loved it! Perhaps it is because I live in Europe and crowds don't bother me. The city is just enchanting with quite a bit of history, and they have done a lot to clean it up. Just look beyond the crowds, and try to soak it all in!
    Merci,
    CGG

    ReplyDelete