Saturday, July 23, 2011

WP, Wednesday 2011

It's our last day in Winter Park (for this trip) and I'm sad to leave.  This trip came at a perfect time for me.  I do feel refreshed but I could stay a few more days to just soak up the vistas and the cool temperatures. 
Hal mentioned on our way up the mountain he wanted to stop at one of the gold mines along Hwy 70 and take a tour.  Since we got up a bit early today and already packed we decided this would be the perfect opportunity to take our tour. 
Do you see veins of gold?  Not so much....
 We got what we paid for, $10/ea for 30 minutes of a lot of blah blah blah.  We can now mark this off our list of things we want to do.
We are having fun now.
 As we left the gold mine, didn't stay to pan for gold, we saw this river and some river rafters.  This is what I want to do next year.


We are on our way to meet up with Chris Ingle at the house for lunch.  I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of their beautiful home and all the remodeling they have done.  Their backyard is truly a Home and Gardens yard.  So inviting.  Susan is giving Chris his 40th birthday party Saturday night and I can only imagine how festive it will look.  We had lunch outside with Chris and Stella.  Susan had to work and Katie was at pony camp.  I know what she's going to want for Christmas.  It was great to visit with Chris and Stella as you can image has grown so tall.
On our way to the airport to return home.  Already making plans for next winter and fall.  Love the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment