Sunday, December 12, 2010

Getting ready for Christmas

I love the Christmas season. I love how most everyone is nice to each other and wish that attitude would last all year long.  There is a special gift that arrives on our door step each year and I have grown to anticipate it's arrival.  My friend Carla sends Cindy and me a fresh Christmas wreath and it arrives just after Thanksgiving.  It's one of the first decorations up and gets you in the spirit.  I love driving up the drive way and seeing the wreath, it reminds me of wonderful times with girlfriends that have been through the bad, the ugly and now the good with me.  Thank you Carla and Cindy, I love you dearly.
 Last night Hal and I had a date night.  We started the night off at the Highland Park Village.  This quaint shopping center is filled with a bazillion lights in the trees.  There were horse drawn carriages loaded with kids, parents and grandparents who were filled with excitement as they began to tour the neighborhoods all decorate with Christmas lights.  Lovely place.
 We had tickets to hear Marcia Ball, a blues singer from Austin.  She is an amazing keyboard player.  What a beautiful evening and a great way to begin enjoying the season.  Love you babe!

1 comment: